I am currently the Female Professional at Wentworth Club in Surrey. I have been part of the Professional team there fore over 4 years and continue to learn and develop as a teaching professional at one of the best facilities in the UK.
I started my golf as a junior at Bristol and Clifton Golf Club, in the south west of England. I was encouraged from an early age to play by my whole family and soon found that I loved to play golf. During my amateur career, I had the privilege of representing my club, county and country.
In 2011, I graduated with my ASQ PGA Teaching Qualification and BA Honours in Applied Golf Management Studies from The University of Birmingham. During my degree, I gained experience and tuition from experts in the fields of sports science, equipment technology, PGA coaching, psychology and events management, which I now use within my day to day work role and coaching.
Having turned Professional in 2010, I always wanted to play professionally so carried out this dream by entering events on some local tours alongside the LET Access tour around Europe. I managed to gain a sponsor to help me along the way and thoroughly enjoyed the experiences and travel that I was lucky enough to have. Unfortunately, having had some injuries and ultimately an underlying passion to help others improve their golf, my teaching career soon began!
My first, full time PGA Professional role was at Machynys Peninsula, South Wales where I stayed for 5 years. I built up a diverse customer base, with golfers across a wide age group and varying abilities and even latterly began coaching the Carmarthenshire Girls and Ladies squads. From here, I moved back to England and began working at the De Vere Wokefield Estate Golf Club, Reading for 5 months before applying for my role at Wentworth. I carried out day-to-day activities within the Pro Shop alongside teaching variety of clients.
Other than golf, I enjoy seeing family and friends, playing the piano and have a great interest in other sports, particularly netball, swimming and skiing.
Interesting fact about me …
I recently got married during the summer of 2020 and became Mrs George!
- University of Birmingham 1st Team player (2009 – 2012)
- British University & College Sport (BUCS) representative
- R&A representative in the Argentinian Amateur Open
- England (EWGA) U21 representative
- Gloucestershire Ladies County 1st Team player
- EWGA Performance Squad (2007 – 2008)
- English Mid-Amateur Champion (2010)
- R&A Scholars Champion (2009)
- World Team Student Match Play Champions (2009)
- Runner up in BUCS Golf Finals (2009)
- LET start at the S4C Welsh Championship (2009)
- AA PGA Professional
- BA Honours Applied Golf Management Studies
- PGA Accredited Golf Psychology Coaching Certificate
- Level 1 TPI Qualified
- Level 2 Junior TPI Qualified
- US Kids Level 1 Certified
- Inclusive Disability Coaching Qualification
- Safe Guarding & Protecting Children
- Trained First Aid
- Ping ilearn Fitter